Thursday, December 15, 2016

When Snark Happens

Someone on the internet tried to correct my usage of a word, thinking that I had meant the opposite of my intention. Naturally, I responded with snark:
@LeadingEdge 
There is sublime humor, and then there is the unironically categorized sub-lime. Now, it’s clear from your comment that you belong in the sublime group of humorists, whereas my posts are clearly the sub-lime
For instance, upon seeing a rabbit in the wild, I looked down at him and proceeded to inform him that I would forever call him by his proper name, Bear. Seeking to sublime our conversation, Bear insisted that he was a rabbit, to which I responded with the sub-lime retort, “Indeed!” Puzzled and disgruntled, Bear hopped away, never to be seen again. 
I miss Bear, the cotton tail rabbit.
I am, after all, a snark alec.

No comments:

Post a Comment